Friday, February 3, 2012

Show and Tell Session

There will be a Show and Tell Session next week.

The topic of the Show and Tell is ‘My Family/My Mummy’. The objectives for this session are to provide your child/ward a platform for him/her to share something with his/her classmates, and to build his/her confidence in public speaking. Your child/ward is encouraged to bring a drawing or photo of his/her family/Mummy.


Day/ Date
Pupils
Monday 13 Feb 12
Index No 1-6
Tuesday, 14 Feb 12
Index No 7-12
Wednesday, 15 Feb 12
Index No 13-18
Thursday, 16 Feb 12
Index No 19-24
Friday 17 Feb 12
Index No 25-30


Here are some suggestions on how you can help to prepare your child/ward for their Show and Tell session.
You are free to include more/other points to make your child’s/ward’s presentation more interesting.

For example:
Introduction of Show and Tell presentation
• Greet the teacher and friends.
• Introduce themselves 

(Good morning, Ms Soh and friends. I am ....... of 1F.)
• Introduce the topic “This morning/Today, I will be sharing with you about my _______” ( topic )

Development of Show and Tell presentation
Topic: My Family
• Start with “This is a photo/drawing of my family”
• How many members are there in the family?
• Where do your child/ward and family live?
• Share about their parents’ occupation
• Share about their brothers or sisters


Topic: My Mummy
• Start with “This is a photo/drawing of my mummy”
• How is mummy's look like?
• Share about mummy's occupation

• What do they like to do with their mummy?

How to end his/her Show and Tell presentation
• Share their feelings towards their family/mummy. ("I am happy/glad .....")
• End the session by thanking the class for their attention. ("Thank you for your attention.")

No comments:

Post a Comment