Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Grammar

Dear Boys and Girls,

Do you know these grammar items?


Grammar
sentence structure: The ____ can/can’t ____.

pronouns: he, she
verbs: jumped, paddled, rolled, screamed
conjunction: and

preposition: over, in, into
comma for listing  

contractions: I’ll, I’m, you’re, don’t
personal pronouns: he, she (revision) I, you, they
sentence structure: I’m a …., I’m not a ….
revision: I can… I can’t ……

articles: a, an
pronouns: it, me
structures: What do you….
                  What could it…..

Preposition: in, on, over
verbs: go, fly, play, swim, ski, swing, fall
sentence structure: I am a …;  See…; Here is…  
full stop at the end of a sentence      

sentence structure: I see a ____________.
determiners: a, the
pronouns: [he, she, it]




Grammar
uncountable nouns: bread, butter, honey
conjunctions: or, so
contractions: that’s , I’ll (rev)
structure: I want…; Here is…; 
imperative: Get ….

pronouns: your, we
direct speech structure: “ ____________,”   said ….

pronouns: it, me,(rev.)
verbs (present continuous): -ing
 I can see ……….
 It is ……-ing after me.-ing

contractions: you’re, I’m (revision)
adjectives: big, tough, orange, green, purple
structures: The …ate…for breakfast/lunch/ dinner.
punctuation: hyphen when a two word noun becomes an adjective – ice cream and ice-cream cone

pronouns: my, mine, our, everyone
contraction: it’s
structures: Whose……
                  Is this……?
                  It’s my/our……
                  This is……..

present continuous tense (revision)
verbs to be: is, are
subject/verb agreement 

pronouns: who, your
structure: Will you ….
                 I will /can’t….
punctuation: capital letters for names

No comments:

Post a Comment